We have chosen to work first on reversing kidney failure, for the following reasons:
- It is a killer disease, afflicting the disadvantaged and uneducated.
- It is the only disease, for which, at any age, Medicare picks up the entire tab for life-sustaining treatment (dialysis or transplant, at end stage).
- It is one of the most expensive chronic medical conditions, because of its association (causal) with other diseases which cause morbidity.
- Finally, the economics of dialysis, favor every party except the interests of the patient.
The reversal and cure (not mere control) of Chronic Illnessesses, including Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) and End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD), diabetes, heart disease and neurological conditions, and the study and making happen of, Human Biological Immortality, by reversing these four groups of Chronic Health Conditions.
Advanced Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) is generally a relentless, inexorable decline of kidney function until End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD). Both are also a cause of heart disease, stroke, and loss of limbs.
Kidney Disease afflicts the most vulnerable – the poor, racial and ethnic minorities, and the illiterate. Kidney Disease is not well understood and thus is inadequately treated. Kidney Failure is expensive to treat. 20 million Americans have CKD, and it costs private insurers and mostly Medicare, about $66 billion annually. ESRD costs Medicare another $34 Billion a year for dialysis and transplant medications, for 660,000 patients.
The costs of this to the country are astronomical – 7% of Medicare annual budget is spent on 0.03% of Medicare eligible population.
The most common treatment for advanced kidney failure is hemodialysis, a highly invasive procedure that eventually results in the total loss of any residual renal function.
ESRD patients on dialysis are disabled, have co-morbidities, and a poor quality of life, and live on average for 5 more years. Kidney transplant is not only not a cure; the side effects of steroids and immunosuppressant medications cause considerable morbidity.
The financial beneficiaries of this annual $100 billion Kidney Failure expenditure, over the last 40 years, have been dialysis companies, like Fresenius and Davita, and the nephrologists. This financial benefit may help impede efforts to prevent or reverse kidney disease.
We are the only institution that has reported a cure/reversal for CKD and ESRD, based on our pilot trial in 2015.
We have developed a patented protocol to reverse kidney failure that is highly effective and safe. This protocol involves enhancing cellular energy production in the kidney and the body, utilizing a mixture of biochemicals, that is safe, and effective.
Based on clinical observations in multiple diseases, we propose that our protocol acts by boosting stem cell numbers and function. Our pilot trial also suggests, unlike current solutions, our protocol:
- reverses kidney failure – CKD and ESRD
- is effective in many forms of kidney disease
- is safe, minimally-invasive, and well tolerated,
- does not require intensive medications or clinical monitoring, and
- minimizes or eliminates hospitalizations or surgeries as a result of kidney failure.
Thus, our protocol should be more effective and less problematic than the current main solutions, hemodialysis and kidney transplant. The beneficiaries of this solution are the millions of Americans suffering from CKD and ESRD.
Once the course is completed, the benefits are sustained –utilizing our protocol for 20 treatments results in long-term improvement in kidney function and other associated diseases. We have also observed that the longer the duration of treatment (months), the more and longer-lasting the beneficial effects.
In this first project of ours, we will build upon our pilot trial and conduct FDA-approved phase I, II and III clinical trials to prove the efficacy of our protocol in reversing kidney failure (both CKD and ESRD). In this project, we will also assess the regenerative capacity of stem cells to confirm the mechanisms of our protocol.
In 2015 we executed our protocol in 60 subjects. The following case studies are the most convincing proof that our proposed solution is effective at reversing CKD.
- CKD patient – She has not needed dialysis for 18 months since receiving our protocol, is not uremic, has gained muscle mass, and has increased endurance. Her peripheral neuropathy is better – leading to assured gait (reduced risk of fractures). She lost fluid weight of 20 lbs, has better blood sugar control, and no longer has depression.
- ESRD patient – He now needs 25% less dialysis after receiving our patented protocol compared to when he started on dialysis. A number called Dialysis Adequacy (kt/v) reflects the renal clearance that the patient receives on dialysis. When this improves by more than 50% (from 1.1 to 1.48), as his did, without a change in dialysis prescription, this signifies a return of kidney function (also demonstrated by our patient making 1000 ml of urine a day, from no urine at all); our patient’s uremic symptoms resolved, his physical therapy endurance improved, his diabetic foot ulcer and swelling healed rapidly, his nutritional status improved dramatically and he began to thrive; there was evidence of increased functioning of his endothelium (LDL plummeted); and lifting of his depression and memory problems.